The Foreman is a great tool. It´s a complete lifecycle manager for physical, virtual and cloud servers.
It does configuration management and orchestration with Puppet, Chef, Salt and Ansible.
It does server provisioning on almost all of the cloud providers, virtualization solutions and even bare metal.
When combined with the Katello plugin, it becomes what RedHat sells as RedHat Satellite 6, a complete system to manage updates, erratas, security patches and compliance and provisioning of Linux systems.
In RLabs I´ll be testing many of the Foreman features in a way you can also test it on your own lab.
- Why and when you should use Foreman
- Foreman and Katello installation
- Managing CentOS content with Katello
- Foreman and Puppet integration
- Rbaselines Puppet module explained
- Rservers Puppet module explained
- Foreman and Ansible integration
- Bare Metal / Discovery
- On VMware
- Integrating Foreman with VMware
- Provisioning Linux with Foreman on VMware as bare metal
- Provisioning Linux with Foreman on VMware from template
- Provisioning Windows with Foreman on VMware from template
- On AWS
- On GCP
- Life with Foreman (use cases)
- Provisioning a Windows 2016 .Net app server
- Provisioning an NGinx L7 load balancer
- Provisioning an HAproxy L4 load balancer
- Rebuilding a VMware VM provisioned as bare metal
- Applying patches and updates on CentOS systems with Katello
- Managing repos on CentOS systems with Katello
Stay tunned for updates !